Options for Required to Withdraw Students

You knew you were on academic probation and you tried so hard this term but you have a feeling that you didn’t quite make that minimum 2.00 term GPA that you needed to continue with your studies at SFU. Required to Withdraw! What do you do now?!

You can do one of two things to help you get Back on Track and continue your studies. See below for more information.

What can I do to continue my studies?

Option 1: Readmission

You can quickly apply to a local college and take transferable courses to meet the readmission requirements to return to SFU. The information for readmission will be mailed to you, but you can also access it online in the Guide to Academic Standing and Continuance.

It is strongly advised that you first meet with an academic advisor to discuss your academic standing and your course options at college.

See Contact Us for information about how to book an appointment with an academic advisor.

Option 2: Back on Track Program

You can participate in the Back on Track Program which will provide you with concentrated assistance from various professionals and resources to get yourself refocused on your studies.

When you join the program, you will be placed on Extended Academic Probation (EAP), and will have the Required to Withdraw standing removed from your transcript.

Interested in learning more about the program? Start with the Program Overview.

Are you Required to Withdraw this term?