This program is for students who hold a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than criminology to expand their knowledge of criminology through a recognized program. Students pursue individual interests in specific criminology areas. The program is available through distance education, at the Burnaby and Vancouver campuses.
Admission, Program Declaration, and Continuation
Applicants must meet university undergraduate admission deadlines as shown in this Calendar. Application forms and official documents must be submitted to Student Services. In addition to applying for University admission, students apply in writing to the School of Criminology's advisor for certificate program declaration.
To continue in the program, students must maintain a 2.25 CGPA. Students whose CGPA falls below 2.25 cannot enrol in any upper division CRIM courses.
- completion of lower division prerequisite courses CRIM 101, 131 and 135
- successful completion of an approved program comprised of 30 units of third and fourth year courses
- of the 30 units, a minimum of 15 must be CRIM courses numbered 300/400 and the remaining from any upper division on-campus or distance education courses, or a combination of both
- minimum 2.5 GPA on courses applied toward the diploma
- completion of the diploma within five years of admission to the program
For information, contact the advisor in criminology.
Upper Division Course Access
Students with a minimum 2.25 CGPA are eligible to enrol in upper division Criminology courses upon Post Baccalaureate Diploma declaration. Completion of lower division prerequisite courses may be required.
Students must obtain a minimum grade of C- in all required courses. For graduation, students must obtain a minimum 2.25 CGPA, 2.25 UDGPA, 2.25 Criminology program CGPA, and 2.25 Criminology program UDGPA.
Students must make separate application for admission to the University, in accordance with University deadlines for the appropriate term.
Applications received by the school after the deadline will be considered only if resources permit following consideration of those applications received on time.