Career Peers educate students and recent alumni on creating resumes, writing cover letters, and using tools like LinkedIn for building professional online presence. This support is provided through one-on-one consultations, outreach, workshops, and more.
Make an appointment with a Career Peer:
Become a Career Peer
This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in developing their career related skills, as well as those interested in learning techniques for educating others in a variety of settings. As a Career Peer, you will have the opportunity to lead outreach initiatives, including hosting activities, creating marketing strategies, writing blog articles, and more. Most importantly, volunteering as a Career Peer provides a meaningful service to other students and helps you build valuable relationships within a diverse team of SFU students and staff.
Please apply to our volunteer posting using myInvolvement. The application deadline is October 11th, 2018.
Opportunity ID: 4600
1) After clicking the myInvolvment link, click 'Login' under the students section of the site. You will be prompted to sign in using your SFU student ID.
2) Click 'Opportunities' found in the menu bar on the left side of the screen.
3) Under 'Getting Involved' click 'View'
4) On the right side of the page, fill in the Opportunity ID number (4600) in the search bar and search for our opportunity
5) Follow the instructions of our application page
If you have any issues with this application process, you can also fill in our application form and send in the required documents via email to email@example.com