Use this checklist to be sure employers will take notice of your resume and that it reflects your strengths and experience.
- Have I used a personal letterhead that is unique, with easy to find key contact information?
- Is my name clearly visible on every page?
- Is the text (font and size) easy to read?
- Is there enough white space?
- Does the order of headings reflect what is most important to the position?
- Is my formatting consistent?
- Will my resume stand out in a pile?
- Have I considered the employer’s perspective?
- Have I shown the employer I can do the job?
- Do my bullet points include details about the quality and impact of my past work - the “So what?”
- Can I say the same thing with fewer words?
- Is it free of spelling and grammar errors?
- Have I asked someone to proofread it and offer feedback?