- Workshops and Events
- Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- Resources and Support
- Faculty and Staff
Career and Volunteer Services supports the career education and professional development of all SFU students
We provide workshops, resources, conversations and opportunities to offer transformative experiences, support aspirations and educate on career development strategies. We promote inclusive and accessible spaces that foster confidence in work or volunteer positions, career, life and student life.
Find Your Why. Tell Your Story. Get Career Ready.
Book a workshop for your class, club, student union, professional development gathering, or working group!
Our workshops are open to ALL students at SFU (undergraduate, graduate and new alumni) and are facilitated by professional Career Education Specialists from our award-winning office, or by our specially trained Career Peers.
- Resumé Learn to create an outstanding resume that will help you stand out from other applicants. (60 mins)
- Cover Letter Learn to write an authentic letter that makes a great first impression. (60 mins)
- Interview Tips Gain confidence and reduce stress for in-person or online interviews. (60 mins)
- Where Can My Degree Take Me? Get clearer on your future possibilities, and map out the actions you can take to get there (60 mins)
- Career Building for Changemakers Learn how to build a high-impact career, and grow your capacity to take on some of the world’s big challenges (90 mins)
- Reflect, Connect and Engage An inspiring and interactive group experience using self-reflection and meaningful conversations to help unlock and explore future life and career options. (90 - 120 mins)
To book a group workshop, please submit our online webform at least four weeks in advance of desired dates. We may require a minimum group size to proceed. You will be responsible for event promotion and room bookings or virtual links.
To view upcoming events, info sessions and our annual events, please visit our events page.
We look forward to working with you!