Tax Information (T2202A)
(Spring, Summer, Fall terms)
Includes payments up to
12 February 2010
Duplicates - self-serve at the Student Information System Nil If payments were made after 12 February 2010 Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an amendment be generated for downloadingNil 2008
Duplicates - self-serve at the Student Information System. If you no longer have access to the system, please visit the Registrar and Information Services counter at any of our three campuses and we will print a duplicate for you, or email your request to email@example.com
- If you were employed by SFU, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for T4 slip.
- Continuing Studies students may be able to claim tax credits. See Continuing Studies Tax Information.
- SFU does not provide any tax advice.
What is a T2202A?
T2202As are tuition tax receipts issued to all students who paid tuition for courses in the previous calendar year. These show the amount of tuition that can be deducted for income tax purposes as well as the number of months eligible for the education deduction. For more information on filing your income tax return, please go to www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/p105/README.html .
How do I get my T2202A?
- To print your T2202A, sign in at go.sfu.ca . Tax data for the previous seven years is available.
- For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU Computing IDs do not expire.
- If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants you must print them from this page.
- Forgot your password? Call 778-782-3234 (Option 2 or Front Desk) or email email@example.com
- To print your T2202A, log in at go.sfu.ca. Tax data for the previous seven years is available.
For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU computing IDs do not expire.
- Alumni who have forgotten their password can ask for it to be reset: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not a current student, not alumni? You may request your T2202A(s) be mailed to you. Include in request your full name, SFU student ID, years for which you require a T2202A, and a mailing address: email your request to email@example.com. Please allow a 7 day turnaround for requests received via email. If you require your tax slips immediately, please go to any SFU campus (Surrey, Burnaby or Vancouver) and have the Registrar and Information Services counter staff print your T2202A while you wait.
Printing your online T2202A
- Log in to go.sfu.ca with your SFU ID and password
- Click "T2202A Data"
- Click the tax year of interest in the search result section.
- From the T2202A Data page, click "Printer-friendly T2202A".
- A printer-friendly T2202A should appear in a separate window (with the Canadian flag and "Canada Revenue Agency" at the top left corner). If this window does not appear, please go to your web browser preferences to allow pop-ups (you can allow them temporarily or just for specific sites).
Having trouble getting your T2202A?
Possible fixes to try first:
- if you've logged in and viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location
- if you can log in but can't see the T2202A information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache, then try logging in to goSFU again
If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to firstname.lastname@example.org
If none of those solutions has worked, contact us at email@example.com
To whom at SFU can I direct T2202A inquiries?
Please call the helpline at 778.782.6930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email us, be sure to include your name, student number, current mailing address, and the year you require.
Will SFU send me the T2202A by email?
No. Log in to goSFU to print your T2202A.
Can SFU give the T2202A information to my parents/accountant/income tax preparer?
We will only disclose a student's tax information to another individual provided that we receive written/faxed authorization from the student authorizing the release of their tax information to that individual. Under no circumstances will any information about the student be released to another individual without first receiving this authorization.
I paid a deposit fee but will not be attending SFU until next year. Do I get a T2202A?
No. Deposits are not eligible expenses for T2202A purposes unless you have actually attended classes. If you paid an admission deposit and then declined your offer of admission, you will not receive a T2202A.
I am an international student. Why do I need a T2202A?
SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.
As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. The T2202A is a tax receipt for the tuition you have paid that can be used as a deduction against income you may have earned while in Canada. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The University issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.
If you have not received any income in Canada during the calendar year, you may be able to use the T2202A against income you or your parents received in your home country. Contact an income tax professional or International Services for Students for more information.
I am a US student: what is SFU's IRS number?
SFU's IRS number is 30-0505256.
Where can I get more information on the T2202A?
If I made a payment after December 31, how do I get an updated version of the T2202A?
|Includes payments up to 10 February 2018||Duplicates - log in to go.sfu.ca||Nil|
|If payments were made after 10 February 2018
||Email email@example.com to request an amendment be generated for downloading||
In compliance with Canada Revenue Agency legislation, tax records are not needed or available after seven (7) years.