Payments from outside of Canada with Flywire
Payments from outside of Canada must be received through Flywire.
Flywire allows you to pay the Canadian dollar amount in the currency of your choice at a local bank with a competitive exchange rate.
- Flywire will convert the payment at the rate you have locked in (the rate is guaranteed for 48 hours).
- Upon receipt of payment, Flywire will deliver the funds to Simon Fraser University within three business days.
To make payments from outside of Canada, log in to your student account at go.sfu.ca, scroll down to the Finances section, click "Account Inquiry," and then click "Make a Payment from Outside of Canada".
- After you have navigated to the payment page, enter the amount you want to pay in Canadian dollars and the country you are paying from.
- Sign into an existing Flywire account or create a new account
- Select your preferred method of payment and complete the required fields. Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
- Follow the prompts provided by the payment page to send funds to Flywire.
Please note: If another entity is making the payment directly to SFU on your behalf (such as a relative or a governing body), complete the above steps 1-3 and provide the person paying with a payment instruction PDF (download it from Flywire).
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to SFU. Emails are sent to the email you used to create your Flywire Account.
- In accordance with Canada Border Services Agency regulations, all payments equal to or greater than $10,000 are non-refundable. We will apply such payments to current and future tuition fees.
- On an exceptional basis, you may request that the credit amount on your account be refunded if you have extenuating circumstances. To do this, submit a refund request form, supported by a written explanation that also includes the originator's name, address, and banking information. Furthermore, if your education is completed or discontinued and there is a credit on your account remaining, you may get a refund at that time as well.