Payments from outside of Canada with Flywire
Payments from outside of Canada must be received through Flywire.
- Flywire allows you to pay the Canadian dollar amount in the currency of your choice at a local bank with a competitive exchange rate.
- Flywire will convert the payment at the rate you have locked in (the rate is guaranteed for 48 hours).
- Upon receipt of payment, Flywire will deliver the funds to Simon Fraser University within three business days.
Paying tuition and fees from outside Canada
- Log in to your student account at goSFU, scroll down to the Finances section, click "Account Inquiry," and then click "Make a Payment from Outside of Canada".
- After you have navigated to the payment page, enter the amount you want to pay in Canadian dollars and the country you are paying from.
- Sign into an existing Flywire account or create a new account
- Select your preferred method of payment and complete the required fields. Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
- Follow the prompts provided by the payment page to send funds to Flywire.
Please note: If another entity is making the payment directly to SFU on your behalf (such as a relative or a governing body), complete the above steps 1-3 and provide the person paying with a payment instruction PDF (download it from Flywire).
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to SFU. Emails are sent to the email you used to create your Flywire Account.
- Partial refunds can be requested and processed through Flywire; please consult Student Accounts.
- In accordance with Canada Border Services Agency regulations, all payments equal to or greater than $10,000 are non-refundable. We will apply such payments to current and future tuition fees.
- On an exceptional basis, you may request that the credit amount on your account be refunded if you have extenuating circumstances. To do this, submit a refund request form, supported by a written explanation that also includes the originator's name, address, and banking information. Furthermore, if your education is completed or discontinued and there is a credit on your account remaining, you may get a refund at that time.