Fast, secure way to receive your money internationally.
SFU has partnered with Flywire to provide our students residing outside of Canada with a secure payment method that simplifies the refund process. With this system, you can receive funds online from banks in countries around the world, in your home currency. Please refer to the List of Countries eligible for this method, at the bottom of this page.
- Receive with bank accounts in your home country, in your local currency in over 150 approved countries.
- Notification of initiating bank transfer fees and foreign exchange rates ahead of time.
- You will be notified to your SFU email when a payment is sent.
- Flywire's multilingual customer support is available to help 24/7 using multiple channels.
- If you have available credit on your student account and are residing outside of Canada, fill out the International Refund form. (To access this form below, please send us a request by email using your SFU email address to email@example.com. The form will be made available to you within 3 business days. )
- Student Accounts will review your request and contact you for further instructions or if additional information is required.
- Once your refund is approved, you will receive an email from us to provide your payment details. You will be asked to register an account using Multi-Factor Authentication to complete this process.
- Flywire will charge to send the money, however, some countries will have additional charges deducted from your final amount.
Flywire Countries list as of April 2022 (spreadsheet in .xlsx)
Flywire Countries List as of April 2022 (pdf)