Autism Mentorship Initiative
The Autism Mentorship Initiative (AMI) is a peer mentorship program designed to pair volunteer mentors with SFU students who have been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The goal of AMI is to improve the mentees' sense of inclusion within the university community and to promote their engagement and success at SFU. Each mentor-mentee pair will identify areas of interest or concern to explore over the course of each term.
In order to be an effective mentor, volunteers must demonstrate a strong commitment to the AMI program. Volunteer mentors are expected to:
- Meet with their mentees for 1-2 hours per week
- Complete the mandatory training session
- Attend monthly supervision sessions with experts in the field
- Attend events and workshops, as available
Want to Learn More?
Contact: Suzanne Leach, AMI Program Coordinator (email@example.com)
For Position Details and how to apply:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
- Log in with your computing ID and password
- From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
- Click on "Getting Involved"
- Enter the Job ID in the "Search by Opportunity ID" search field
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Hiring period: Summer
Job ID: 4472
Start date: August 29, 2018
Application deadline: July 15, 2018