Global Engagement Student Committee
The Global Engagement Student Committee (GESC) is part of the larger program of Peer Education. Peer Educators within the GESC focus on building intercultural awareness and understanding across the SFU community. Committee members are provided with training and professional development opportunities in the areas of leadership and intercultural competency. They also have the opportunity to create events or programming that foster meaningful connections between diverse groups of students across campus. In collaboration with staff at the Gobal Student Centre, the Committee is responsible for organizing and facilitating programs and initiatives that:
- Foster intercultural understanding and engagement in the SFU community
- Promote global awareness
- Celebrate diversity through education and festivities
- Increase community awareness and knowledge of social justice issues
For Position Details and how to apply:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
- Log in with your computing ID and password
- From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
- Click on "Getting Involved: Current Opportunities"
- Enter the job ID in the "Search by Opportunity ID:" search field.
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Hiring period: January - March
Job ID: 4326
Start date: Summer 2018
Application deadline: March 4, 2018