Passport to Leadership 1: Foundations of Leadership
Passport to Leadership 1 (P2L 1) is a series of interactive workshops that focuses on developing and understanding the multiple facets of leadership, equipping participants with a broad range of foundational leadership skills through discussions and the completion of online exercises.
Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the workshop series will receive official recognition on their Co-Curricular Record.
What will I learn?
- Identify the key behaviours of effective leadership
- How to approach communication with intention, and aspects of non-violent communication
- Understand the significance of values, perceptions and assumptions
- How to navigate uncertainty through the exploration of strategies for moving forward
What is the time commitment?
P2L 1 includes online and in-person components:
- 30 minutes of online preparation prior to each session
- Six in-person sessions -- each session is 1 hour and 50 minutes
Students must attend all six in-person sessions and complete the required online assignments to receive recognition on their Co-Curricular Record.
How does it work?
Online modules allow you to prepare for your group sessions in advance.
What is the cost?
- $95 unless you belong to one of the following groups - Volunteer, Student Ambassador or Living Learning Community Participant where you may be eligible for a fee waiver. When you register in Eventbrite, please register as a Volunteer.
"...everybody left that last session feeling like they had leadership potential. Seeing everyone so inspired was definitely a wonderful thing to witness."
"Awesome program. Gives you a small taste of what leadership can be like at the post secondary level. Definitely a stepping stone to more intensive programs provided at SFU."
"I enjoyed the program thoroughly. It provided me with insight into myself both professional and personally. I really enjoyed the speakers we had and they were all very charismatic and professional. They made our weekly session a safe place for ideas and different opinions."
Workshops in the P2L Program series
P2L 1: Foundations of Leadership
P2L 2: Exploring the Leader in You
Read more about P2L
If you have any questions about the program, please contact email@example.com.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register, select the cohort which best fits your availability on the Session Schedule page. You will be redirected to Eventbrite to complete your registration.
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Campus: Burnaby, Surrey
Start date: January 27, 2020
Registration deadline: January 13, 2020