Passport to Leadership 2: Exploring the Leader in You
In Passport to Leadership 2, you will dig deep to explore who you are in relation to others and to build your self-awareness — the foundation of leadership, communication and collaboration. Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the program will receive official recognition on their Co-Curricular Records.
What will I learn?
- How to identify the elements of your story and your strengths
- Self-awareness, perception, and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Appreciation of diversity, and identifying power and privilege
- Communication strategies — the importance of listening and owning your experience
- Conflict resolution
- Moving forward with intention, uncertainty and change
What is the time commitment?
P2L 2 includes both online and in-person components:
- Six in-person sessions of 2 hours and 50 minutes each
- Approximately 45–60 minutes of online preparation prior to each session
What is the cost?
- The cost to participate in P2L 2 is $95
- Students who are currently involved with eligible SFU volunteer programs may qualify for a fee waiver*
*To find out if you are eligible, follow the registration instructions below and sign up as a Volunteer or Student Ambassador. You will be given a list of eligible volunteer programs to select from. Please note that many programs have various levels of volunteerism, and not all volunteer programs are eligible for the fee waiver. There are limited number of seats available for student volunteers each term.
Read student testimonials
"These group discussions have really catalyzed a change in the way I view myself. I am better able to confront myself, and as a result, feel more comfortable in my own skin."
"Growth is truly an important thing in life and this program gives one the perfect chance to grow in a stress free/pressure free zone."
“P2L  and Explore [P2L 2] have helped me become more aware of myself, and how my beliefs and values affect my interactions. They have also helped me become more patient and understanding, and how to show my empathy more effectively. The accepting, open, and tolerant environment created by these workshops has allowed me to be more open, and taught me how to create warm and open spaces in different environments in the future. Thank you for the journey.”
The Passport to Leadership suite of programs allows you to explore your own leadership development, working with others, and maximizing your leadership potential.
Other workshops in the P2L program series
Read more about P2L
If you have any questions about the program, please contact email@example.com.
P2L 2 will not be available this Fall. Please check back in November 2018 for the Spring schedule.
HOW TO REGISTER
The registration period is closed.
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.