Passport to Leadership 2: Exploring the Leader in You
In Passport to Leadership 2 (P2L 2), explore who you are in relation to others and to build your self-awareness — the foundation of leadership, communication and collaboration. Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the program will receive official recognition on their Co-Curricular Records.
What will I learn?
- How to identify your strengths
- The importance of self-awareness, perception, and diversity
- Understand your personality type and how it affects your decision making process
- Develop communication strategies that will help you perform better in your daily life
- Conflict resolution
- Moving forward with intention, uncertainty and change
What is the time commitment?
P2L 2 includes online and in-person components:
- 45 minutes of online preparation prior to each session
- Six in-person sessions - each session is 2 hours and 50 minutes
Students must attend all six in-person sessions and complete the required online assignments to receive recognition on their Co-Curricular Record.
What is the cost?
- $95 unless you belong to one of the following groups - Volunteer, Student Ambassador or Living Learning Community Participant where you may be eligible for a fee waiver. When you register in Eventbrite, please register as a Volunteer.
"These group discussions have really catalyzed a change in the way I view myself. I am better able to confront myself, and as a result, feel more comfortable in my own skin."
"Growth is truly an important thing in life and this program gives one the perfect chance to grow in a stress free/pressure free zone."
“P2L  and Explore [P2L 2] have helped me become more aware of myself, and how my beliefs and values affect my interactions. They have also helped me become more patient and understanding, and how to show my empathy more effectively. The accepting, open, and tolerant environment created by these workshops has allowed me to be more open, and taught me how to create warm and open spaces in different environments in the future. Thank you for the journey.”
Workshops in the P2L program series
P2L 1: Foundations of Leadership
P2L 2: Exploring the Leader in You
Read more about P2L
If you have any questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
2. Log in with your computing ID and password
3. From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
4. Click on "Career and Leadership Development"
5. Find Passport to Leadership 2 under the list of programs and click on "Register"
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.