Passport to Leadership 3: Leadership in Action
In Passport to Leadership 3, take your leadership and personal development to the next level. In this skills-based, experiential program, you will put what you learned in P2L 1 and 2 about leadership, self-awareness and working effectively with others, into action.
Through a series of online modules and in-person training sessions, you will learn a set of skills in a specific area of practice. As you develop these skills you will apply them as an apprentice, working with staff mentors on related projects and programs across campus.
In the Fall 2017 term we will be offering the Group Facilitation Stream.
In this stream you will learn basic group facilitation skills, including how to effectively facilitate group discussions and manage group dynamics. Knowing how to facilitate groups of people is a very useful professional and leadership skill to develop as you can apply it in a number of different settings - when you are leading a team of people, delivering workshops or training sessions, or running a meeting or focus group.
What are the prerequisites of P2L 3?
What are the requirements and time commitment of P2L 3?
This program has the following requirements. Participants must meet all of the following requirements in order to successfully complete the program:
- Attend all Core Training Sessions: Thursdays 1:30pm to 4:30pm (see dates and times);
- Complete the online components for each Core Training Session (one introductory module; one Canvas module per session (5); each will take you approximately 45-60 minutes to complete);
- Attend Sessions 1, 3 and 5 (at minimum) of one of the Passport to Leadership 1 cohorts
What will I learn?
- The role of a facilitator;
- Effective facilitation tools and techniques;
- How to facilitate group dynamics and challenging situations;
- How to facilitate the P2L 1 program; and
- Your personal strengths and style as a facilitator.
What is the cost of P2L 3?
- There is no cost to participate in P2L 3. However, the program reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for those who do not complete the program or drop-out after the cancellation deadline.
The Passport to Leadership suite of programs allows you to explore your own leadership development, working with others, and maximizing your leadership potential.
Other workshops in the P2L program series
Want to learn more?
How to apply:
X The application period for this posting is now closed.
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.