Recreation & Wellness Assistant
SFU Recreation, through its programs, culture, leadership, experiential learning opportunities, and community building, creates a setting conducive to health and well being.
Reporting to the Fitness Coordinator, the Recreation & Wellness Assistant is responsible for promoting the Simon Fraser University Athletics & Recreation brand and its initiatives. The position will allow the Recreation department to develop new and innovative programming that meets the diverse needs of our international student community, including leadership and team building, wellness outreach initiatives, and improved access for international students. The position will also be responsible for any other administrative duties assigned by the Fitness Coordinator and/or their designate.
Some components of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize and implement marketing plans that are aligned with the Simon Fraser University Athletics & Recreation brand and its objective to inspire advocacy for student-athletes and healthy communities.
- Identify and take part in community events, on and off-campus, that will help promote the SFU Recreation’s initiatives.
- Develop an assessment toll to review current participation rates of international students across all recreation program areas including fitness, aquatics, drop-in sports, intramurals and clubs.
- Work with Recreation Management team to develop or refine existing programming to better meet the needs of SFU students.
- Create marketing strategies to target students by working alongside Recreation and Student Services management teams
Want to Learn More?
How to apply:
X The application period for this posting is now closed.
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Hiring Period: July
Job ID: TBA
Start date: TBA
Application deadline: TBA