Student Advisory Group
SFU is seeking 8 - 10 students who are passionate about improving the student experience to join the Student Advisory Group (SAG) for the Student Experience Initiative (SEI). The Student Advisory Group will meet to learn about changes that are coming to the student experience from some of the SEI key action areas and to provide feedback and recommendations to help steer SFU in the best direction.
Member duties and responsibilities:
- Commit to a one year term, September 2019 to August 2020, with the possibility of renewal.
- Meet as a Student Advisory Group at least once a month or bi-weekly during the one year term.
- Develop an advisory work plan including action projects that enhance the student experience.
- Attend your appointed SEI Working Group meetings (includes students, faculty and staff) as scheduled in addition to the Student Advisory Group meetings.
- Review agendas and other required documentation in advance of meetings.
- Meet as a group to discuss and make recommendations on key issues impacting the student experience.
- Identify or recommend action projects to address issues.
- May participate in the decision-making process on funding student experience action projects/initiatives.
- Participate in SFU campus or related community events.
- Other activities as identified.
How to apply: Please submit your completed application form and resume via email to Precious Ile at email@example.com by 11:59pm October 7, 2019.
Want to learn more?
If you would like to have a conversation about your interest in joining the Student Advisory before applying, please contact Precious Ile, Student Development Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-782-2145 to explore your options, ask questions or share concerns regarding accessibility.
Precious Ile, Student Development Educator
For position details and how to register:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
- Log in with your computing ID and password
- From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
- Click on "Getting Involved"
- Enter the Job ID in the "Search by Opportunity ID" search field
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Type: Volunteer (with honorarium)
Campus: All campuses
Hiring period: September - November 2019
Job ID: 5050
Start date: November 2019
Application deadline: Monday, October 7 at 11:59 PM