Academics First Tutoring Program
Academics First Tutors are on-call paid positions for graduate and undergraduate students committed to working with individual student-athletes, Indigenous students, WUSC students and Uggla Family Scholars in a variety of disciplines with the goal of helping them understand course concepts as well as developing and improving their academic learning strategies.
Please note that we are especially interested in candidates who:
- are a currently enrolled SFU undergraduate or graduate student, having completed at least two terms
- have a CGPA of at least 3.00
- have a minimum grade of A- in any course listed for tutoring
- feel confident in their ability to teach any of the 100- and/or 200-level courses in the following subjects (bolded subjects indicate higher need):
- ARCH 100, 101, 131, 226
- BPK (all 100- and 200-level)
- BUS (all 200-level)
- CHEM (all 100- and 200-level)
- CMNS (110, 130 and all 200-level)
- ECON 103, 105, 201
- HSCI (all 100- and 200-level)
- MATH (all 100- and 200-level)
- PHIL (all 100-level)
- PHYS (all 100- and 200-level)
- PSYC (all 100- and 200-level)
- REM 100, 207, 221
- STAT 201, 203
want to learn more?
For Position Details and how to apply:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
- Log in with your computing ID and password
- From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
- Click on "Getting Involved"
- Enter the Job ID in the "Search by Opportunity ID" search field
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Campus: In-person / Online
Hiring Period: Spring 2022
Job ID: 5639
Application deadline: December 23, 2021