Academics First Tutoring Program
Academics First Tutors are on-call paid positions for graduate and undergraduate students committed to working with individual student-athletes and Indigenous students in a variety of disciplines helping them understand course concepts, as well as developing and improving their academic learning strategies.
Please note that we are especially interested in candidates who:
- Have a CGPA of at least 3.000
- A minimum grade of A- in any course listed for tutoring
- Feel confident in their ability to teach any of the following courses:
- Business (BUS 207, BUS 251, BUEC 232)
- Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology (BPK 110)
- Criminology (CRIM 103)
- Economics (ECON 103, 105)
- Mathematics (MATH 155, 157)
- Physics (PHYS 101)
- Psychology (PSYC 100, 102)
- Statistics (STAT 203)
want to learn more?
How to apply:
X The application period for this posting is now closed.
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Hiring Period: November - December
Job ID: 4236
Start date: On-going
Application deadline: December 18, 2017