Academics First Tutoring Program
Academics First Tutors are on-call paid positions for graduate and undergraduate students committed to working with individual student-athletes and Indigenous students in a variety of disciplines, helping them understand course concepts as well as developing and improving their academic learning strategies.
Please note that we are especially interested in candidates who:
- Have a CGPA of at least 3.000
- A minimum grade of A- in any course listed for tutoring
- Feel confident in their ability to teach any of the following courses:
- Business (BUS 207, BUS 251, BUEC 232)
- Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology (BPK 110)
- Criminology (CRIM 103)
- Economics (ECON 103, 105)
- Mathematics (MATH 155, 157)
- Physics (PHYS 101)
- Psychology (PSYC 100, 102)
- Statistics (STAT 203)
want to learn more?
For position details and how to register:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
- Log in with your computing ID and password
- From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
- Click on "Getting Involved"
- Enter the Job ID in the "Search by Opportunity ID" search field
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Hiring Period: October
Job ID: 4636
Start date: Fall 2018
Application deadline: October 10th, 2018