- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- Live Chat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism During a Pandemic
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Group
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Health Peers
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
- Flu Clinic 2020
In-person and Virtual Support Options
Being a student comes with many challenges whether it's during a pandemic or not. If you're looking for ways you can feel supported, our Access Case Managers run daily drop-in Health & Counselling advising sessions over Zoom to help students find the kind of support they need. They are also available over LiveChat on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays to answer any questions about our services.
If students have health-related questions and aren't sure who to ask, nurses run weekly sessions that students can drop-in and attend virtually.
Booking an appointment with a doctor or a counsellor
Counsellors, doctors, nurses, and all of our other services providers are all still available for in-person, video, or phone appointments. Please contact our clinic in advance to book an appointment or to connect with a service provider: 778-782-4615.
Urgent appointments are available: if you need to speak with a professional due to a sudden loss, traumatic event, critical incident, or suicidal thoughts and feelings, please notify our front desk when you call.
For that 24/7 support. My SSP is a free support service available to all SFU graduate and undergraduate students. Students have immediate access to confidential support and counselling in multiple languages. Accessible from anywhere in the world by phone or through the downloadable app.
Call 1.844.451.9700. Outside of North America? call 001.416.380.6578
Helpful support resources are also available through the app.
Helpful External Resources
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC's Restart Plan
- British Columbia's Response to Covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Government of British Columbia
- Government of Canada
- Office of the Human Rights Commissioner
- Translink COVID-19 Safety Information
- BC Mental Health Supports