- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experience Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
COVID-19 Testing for Individuals Experiencing Symptoms
If you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19, click here to use the self-assessment tool developed with the BC Ministry of Health.
If it is determined that you need to be tested for COVID-19, click here to find the nearest testing site location.
Testing for COVID-19 is not available at Health & Counselling clinics.
If you have severe respiratory symptoms call 911.
For worsening cough and breathing, or concerns about worsening of your chronic medical conditions and need a medical appointment, call for an appointment, or further medical advice.
If You Are Arriving or Returning to Canada
If you're arriving and/or returning back to Canada, the government of Canada has made it mandatory for anyone entering Canada to self-quarantine. SFU's International Student Advising and Programs has created a self-isolation guide to help you through this process, and SFU has a mandatory safety course you must take.
COVID-19 Testing for SFU Students Choosing to Travel Abroad from Canada
Travel outside of Canada is not recommended at this time due to COVID-19 risks.
In accordance with guidance from the Provincial Health Officer of British Columbia, SFU will no longer test asymptomatic people for COVID-19. COVID-19 screening for purpose of international travel is NOT an insured service under BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) or GuardMe.
People choosing international travel at this time will need to access COVID-19 testing through a private clinic that provides this paid service. The requirement for this service comes from the governmental health requirements of the destination country and may change unexpectedly, and may vary between destinations.
COVID-19 testing for travel is not available at SFU.