- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experience Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Anxiety 101
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
Who We Are
We are a student-led group that works directly with SFU Health & Counselling to destigmatize mental health and encourage access to supports and services across the university and beyond.
We are SFU students from many different faculties and we are passionate about mental health and reducing stigma. By having open, relevant conversations with students and inviting others to do the same, we hope to shed light on just how common mental health concerns are so students struggle less alone and find support as they need it. For more information regarding the program or to contact us, please send us an email.
What We Do
We meet, we host, we chat and we create a supportive community together.
Despite discussions surrounding mental health increasing over the years, the “job” is not done. Reducing stigma is ongoing. We value and encourage open conversation and authentic dialogue, and aim to create a safe space for students to learn more and share with us and each other.
Stigma around mental health often prevents people from seeking treatment or talking about their problems. Through events, workshops, and authentic conversations we aim to make students feel less alone and comfortable enough to find support if – and when – they need it.
We do and host things like:
- Community movie nights
- Special speaker series
- Positive mental health reminders
- Videos and livestreams
We follow this set of values in our planning, programming, and relationships with each other and our community:
We recognize and appreciate that reducing stigma can be harder for some people and communities than others.
We aim to always be authentic and vulnerable in our discussions.
We strive to always be learning and open to learning ways to support, listen, and encourage others.
We will keep talking about mental health and let the conversation evolve and grow as we evolve and grow.
What You Can Do
Explore your beliefs about mental health and enroll in our Canvas course. You can also connect with us on social and get involved.
Read our Executive bios and learn more about who we are as individuals and what we're bringing to the team.