- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQIA2S+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Finding Calm After the Storm
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
Everyone is creative - some of us enjoy puzzles and crosswords, and some of us are painters or enjoy writing or singing our own songs.
What is Creative Collective?
Creative Collective is a program that hosts art events and creates art resources like origami tutorials, colouring sheets, etc. Whether you're a student, staff, or faculty, you can connect, relax, and unwind through crafts, motion, music, and more.
With the Dietrich Model of Creativity as a guide, we explore different kinds of activities to maintain our well-being through creative learning and expression - however that looks to you.
What if I'm not artsy?
No experience is ever necessary and all events are free and open to SFU students, faculty, and staff.
What does Creative Collective offer?
Check back later for our summer offerings!
If you're attending from another time zone, please note that Eventbrite automatically modifies the event times for you according to your local time.
Looking for more opportunities to connect and create with others this term? Check out Meet, Greet, and Eat! Open to all students.
Our Creative Community
Staying connected is more important than ever. Creative Collective hosts a visual gallery made by students, staff, and faculty that explores different themes each month.
Here is a preview of some of the submissions, check out Our Creative Community to see more!
January was Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Sexual Assault Awareness month (SAAM)’s theme was centering the voices and perspectives of Black, Indigenous, and Peoples of Colour to eliminate sexual violence and to create safer, more equitable communities.
Zoom Colouring Sheets
Hop on Zoom with a friend and try these colouring sheets:
Other arts & crafts ideas
Doodle a flower without lifting your drawing utensil off the paper
Take a piece of paper and randomly fold it (you can colour it in later)
Create a custom bookmark with some paper and coloured pencils/pens
Create snowflakes by folding a piece of paper and cutting out patterns
On our YouTube channel, you can find ASMR videos and other relaxing content to turn on while you study and finish assignments. We also have an art tutorial video you can follow along with.
Creative Collective on TikTok
On the @sfuhcs TikTok, you can find short art-related videos that hopefully inspire you!
Here is a selection: