- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism During a Pandemic
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Group
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Health Peers
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
Life can be stressful and overwhelming. Do you have brief questions for a mental health provider?
Speak with an Access Case Manager and talk about how Health & Counselling can support you best - whether it's through regular counselling, groups, workshops or referrals. LiveChat is an instant messaging tool for students to connect to readily available online mental health support. No appointment or registration process is required, simply log on from your browser during designated LiveChat hours and an Access Case Manager will respond within minutes. Please note: LiveChat is anonymous.
LiveChat is to assist you with general questions related to mental health support, services, and resources. It is not intended for Crisis support or in-depth conversations.
Who are the Access Case Managers?
Deborah is a Clinical Counsellor and passionate about supporting students wherever they're at in their personal mental health journey. Her previous roles at SFU involved academic advising and program planning for new students, which fostered her appreciation for the variety of unique needs across a diverse student population. As an Access Case Manager, Deborah is curious to learn about the details of your individual concerns so that she can connect you with the best fit resource to support you.
Harp is a Registered Social Worker and passionate about creating a society based on equity, social harmony, mutual respect and human dignity; while addressing racial discrimination. She has several years of experience in the field of social work and health care and joined the Health & Counselling Team at SFU in 2019. As an Access Case Manager, Harp works closely with you to understand your individual needs so she can connect you with helpful and valuable resources. She wishes to ensure students are seen, heard and valued.
**Please note: LiveChat is not available in the afternoon of Wednesday, January 6th.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday