- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- Live Chat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism During a Pandemic
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Group
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Health Peers
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
- Flu Clinic 2020
A practical and informative seminar for anyone interested in learning more about anxiety and depression.
This seminar is open to any students, staff or faculty who are interested in learning more about anxiety and depression, both for those who have lived experience and those who just want to learn more. This seminar is not meant for diagnostic purposes and attending this seminar does not mean participants are entering into a therapeutic relationship with SFU Health & Counselling.
There will be an interactive LiveChat in parallel with the seminar, with a chance to share your thoughts or questions with Dr. Shona Adams and the SFU Health & Counselling LiveChat moderators. There will also be time after the seminar for a Q&A session with Dr. Shona Adams.
Dr. Shona Adams is a Registered Clinical Counsellor at SFU Health and Counselling Services.
Alternatively, we offer an asynchronous version of this seminar so you can access the information during your own time.
Information about future synchronous or LiveChat versions of "Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression" will be announced there as well.