- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQIA2S+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Finding Calm After the Storm
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
A support group open to FIC and SFU students (undergraduate or graduate) who are currently residing in BC.
What is International Student Support Group?
International Student Support Group safe space for students to share and support each other as they navigate everyday complexities of being an international student, including transition, family dynamics, culture, and independence.
How does it work?
Emphasis is placed on making connections and self-care, particularly given the pandemic, while discussing topics that frequently come up for international students.
Participants must be able to self-reflect without becoming easily overwhelmed. Students with pressing mental health concerns should seek alternative help from a mental health professional at Health & Counselling.
Where does it take place?
The sessions will be held via Zoom, and participants will be asked to have their video turned on throughout the group.
Summer 2021 Schedule
How do I join?
To register for this program, please contact Ayumi Sasaki at email@example.com with your name and email. You can also email Ayumi for any questions you have regarding this group.
About the Facilitator
Ayumi is a Registered Clinical Counsellor and predoctoral intern at HCS. She is aware of her privileges as a younger, able-bodied, educated, cisgender woman, as well as some of the struggles of being an Asian woman previously with an international study visa. In her counselling work, Ayumi strives to establish an emotionally safe and collaborative environment for clients to reflect and explore alternative ways of coping, changing, or perceiving their difficulties.