- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
A gender-inclusive weekly Support Group for Survivors of Sexualized Violence
A gender-inclusive weekly support group for students who have experienced any form of sexualized violence.
What is the purpose of this group?
The purpose of this group is to provide a safe space for participants to build community through safety and connection with other survivors. Each week we will explore a theme that emphasizes resilience and resource development in support of participants’ growth and healing journeys.
How does it work?
All participants will have met with the facilitator prior to joining the group, and will have signed and agreed to community rules of engagement. It is the facilitator’s priority to create safety within each session by ensuring that the participants are respectful of each other and these community agreements.
How do I join?
Advanced sign up required.
Contact Larisa Fry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2021 Schedule
May 27 to July 29
|Thursday||2:00 - 3:30pm|
This is an open group with new members able to join weekly, and is not intended to be a trauma-processing group.
We support participants continuing with individual counselling sessions as needed in addition to group participation.
About the Facilitators
Larisa Fry (SVSPO)
Larisa is an individual and group trauma counsellor, working collaboratively with SFU’s Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office (SVSPO). She holds a M.A. in Counselling Psychology and is a Registered Psychotherapist with the Ontario College of Psychotherapists. Applying a Human Rights and intersectional social justice framework, she centers the client’s needs and experiences while ensuring a trauma and violence informed care practice. She actively applies mindfulness, narrative, acceptance and commitment therapy, and EMDR to her daily work.