- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQIA2S+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Finding Calm After the Storm
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
This group uses progressive muscle relaxation, which is a relaxation technique, to teach you to recognize tension in the body and how to relieve it.
What is Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group?
Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group is a weekly drop-in class where you can learn and practice progressive muscle relaxation. It is open to SFU students, faculty, and staff.
What is "progressive muscle relaxation (PMR)"?
Progressive muscle relaxation is a relaxation technique that teaches you to recognize tension in the body and relieve it.
When you feel anxious or stressed, one of the ways your body responds is with muscle tension. By tensing and relieving various muscle groups in a certain order, you will learn to recognize the difference between tensed and relaxed muscles and relax your body to feel less stressed or anxious. Practicing PMR for a few weeks will help you to learn how to relax your body and use it to combat stress and anxiety.
Where does it take place?
Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group takes place online via Zoom.
Summer 2021 Schedule
March 29 to July 29
|Thursday||9:30 - 10:00am|
How do I join?
These are drop-in sessions with no registration or prior experience required. You can find the Zoom link in the Upcoming Session section below. Please enter the Zoom two to five minutes prior to the start time.
For information or questions regarding this program, you can contact Irina Della-Rossa at firstname.lastname@example.org