- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQIA2S+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Finding Calm After the Storm
- South Asian Diaspora Community Healing Space
- A Healing Space
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
Do you feel overwhelmed? Are you experiencing low mood or energy, and having difficulty focusing on your coursework? You are not alone.
What is Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance?
Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance is an open support group for students who are experiecning stress around school/life balance. If you experience anxiety, consider joining this group.
How does it work?
Since this is an open group, new members are able to join weekly. Sessions build upon the next, but it can still be impactful if you only attend one of them.
Where does it take place?
Sessions will take place via Zoom.
Summer 2021 Schedule
How do I join?
To register, please email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email. You can contact Beth for any questions regarding this program.
About the Facilitators
Beth is a Registered Clinical Counsellor working within a client centered, intersectionality framework. She appreciates that students are busy, often overwhelmed and lead lives outside the confines of being a student. Beth’s life experience as a yoga and meditation instructor, group facilitator and graduate student inform her in her counselling work. She strives to support the development of insight, strategies and tools to assist students in reaching their counselling and broader life goals. Beth is a certified EMDR therapist with experience in supporting clients through issues related to trauma history, self-esteem, stress, anxiety and low mood.
Donna is in her final year of studies at SFU towards becoming a counselling psychologist. She has worked in the field of health and wellness for over 30 years and co-owns a private fitness studio in Surrey with her wife.