- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- Find Support
- Events & Workshops
- Faculty & Staff
Support for Indigenous students
Counselling is confidential and provided at no cost for students currently enrolled at SFU.
Counselling support in the Indigenous Student Centre is temporarily unavailable due to maternity leave. Other support options are available for Indigenous students:
- Visit the Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) in AQ 2002, SFU Burnaby ask ISC staff about support options or phone 778-782-6929.
- Visit Health and Counselling Services (HCS) in MBC 0101 and ask to speak with an Access Case Manager who provides same day 30 minute appointments. They will provide mental health support and/or referral to services and resources.
- Phone My SSP (Student Support Program) at 1.844.451.9700 and ask to book an appointment with an Indigenous Counsellor. Appointments with an Indigenous counsellor may be via phone or ask about in-person appointment options in the community. You can also download the My SSP App and connect 24/ 7 with support. All support through My SSP is free and confidential.
Students can also connect with the following crisis lines:
- Vancouver Crisis Line 604-872-3311 (24/7)
- Kuu-US Crisis Response Services (24/7) at 1-800-588-8717
- BC Suicide Line 1-800-784-2433