- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- What's Happening
- Faculty & Staff
Meet, greet and eat with friends!
What is Meet, Greet and Eat?
In collaboration with Creative Collective and the Global Student Centre, we are excited to introduce "Meet, Greet, and Eat" - a safe and inclusive space for students to hang out, meet new people, eat lunch together, and participate in fun and creative crafts.
No material? No problem!
Our creative crafts will use supplies that are commonly found in every student's home! All activities are optional.
Enjoy doing crafts or simply hang out and connect with others.
All students are welcome!
How does it work?
- Getting creative with your agenda to stay organized at the Bullet Journal session on Thursday, September 16
- Creating images by drawing structured patterns at the Zentangle Art session on Tuesday, September 28
- Making a creative piece with whatever raw material is readily available around at the Best out of Waste session on Thursday, October 14*
- (Whether it is a wall in your room, a door, your desk, or your phone case) Sharing your innovative and creative ideas with us and others at the Decorating Together session on Tuesday, October 26*
- Partaking in some mindful craft to de-stress at the Mindful Art Making session on Tuesday, November 9
- Expressing gratitude creatively at the Gratitude Creation session on Thursday, November 25
* Prizes will be awarded for best creativity.
Register by completing the WebSurvey. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ricky Tu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a grad student, check out Meet, Greet, and Eat - Graduate Student Edition. See more
Fall 2021 Schedule
Sessions will be held via Zoom.
Thurs, September 16 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Tues, September 28 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Thurs, October 14 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Tues, October 26 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Tues, November 9 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Thurs, November 25 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Check out Upcoming Session for any updated times or changes to the sessions.
Meet new people
Participate in crafts
Chill and eat together
Play games with others
Each session consists of a range of facilitators who are happy to have a conversation on a wide range of topics including tips and strategies while at SFU.
Ricky is HCS' Transition Case Manager, who provides specific support for students from international pathways.