- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- What's Happening
- Health Peers
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress Training
- Creative Collective
- Faculty & Staff
Meet, greet and eat with friends!
What is Meet, Greet and Eat?
In collaboration with Creative Collective and the Global Student Centre, we are excited to introduce "Meet, Greet, and Eat" - a safe and inclusive space for students to hang out, meet new people, eat lunch together, and participate in fun and creative crafts.
No material? No problem!
Our creative crafts will use supplies that are commonly found in every student's home! All activities are optional.
Enjoy doing crafts or simply hang out and connect with others.
All students are welcome!
How does it work?
- Tuesday January 11 - 12pm to 1pm: Vision Board creation: Get crafty and create your vision/goals for 2022!
- Thursday January 27 - 12pm to 1pm: Kahoot Wellbeing Game: Join us for a game of Kahoot on wellbeing! *Prize available for top score!
- Tuesday February 8 - 12pm to 1pm: Tea Time Talk:
Grab your favorite tea or beverage and get comfortable to talk about how Spring 2022 is going. *Prize available by joining (draw at the end of session and you need to be there to claim prize)
- Thursday February 24- 12pm to 1pm: Origami: Fold paper into creative figures with live instructions
- Tuesday March 8 - 12pm to 1:30pm: Rock Painting: Join us at the GSC (AQ 2013) to paint rocks for creative uses (**in-person event)
- Thursday March 24 - 12pm to 1pm: Gratitude Cards: Express gratitude in creative ways
Each session consists of a range of facilitators who are happy to have a conversation on a wide range of topics including tips and strategies while at SFU. Facilitators include:
(1) Transition Case Manager, who provides specific support for students from international pathways
(2) HCS Health Promotion Special Project Assistant, is a current student who provides programs in promoting a health campus community
Register by completing the WebSurvey. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ricky Tu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a grad student, check out Meet, Greet, and Eat - Graduate Student Edition. See more
Spring 2022 Schedule
Sessions will be held via Zoom.
Tues, January 11 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Thurs, January 27 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Tues, February 8 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Thurs, February 24 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Tues, March 8 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Thurs, March 24 | 12:00 to 1:00pm
Check out Upcoming Session for any updated times or changes to the sessions.
Meet new people
Participate in crafts
Chill and eat together
Play games with others
Each session consists of a range of facilitators who are happy to have a conversation on a wide range of topics including tips and strategies while at SFU.
Ricky is HCS' Transition Case Manager, who provides specific support for students from international pathways.
Samar is a third year international student. He is a Health Promotion Special Project Assistant with a major in Health Sciences. As part of the Health Promotion team, he aims to create a safe and non-judgemental space for the overall wellbeing of international students, where they can express their opinions and convictions freely. As a South Asian, he seeks to break the societal norms that create stigma associated with race, ethnicity, identity and religion. Samar is passionate about gender equity, cultural mindfulness and mental health.