ISC Tutoring Services for Fall 2017
Request a Tutor
The ISC works in collaboration with Academics First Tutoring Program to pair students with tutors. The tutoring program provides support for 100 and 200 level courses in the areas of math and science. Generally, we can pair students with a tutor in 100 an 200 level courses in Business, Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology, Criminology, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, and Statistics. The ISC will provide an hour of tutoring per week (up to 13 weeks) for currently enrolled First Nations, Metis, and Inuit students.
Please note that tutoring assistance is for course content only. If you require assistance with writing (essays, formatting, structure), please click here to book a consultation with the SFU Library's Student Learning Commons (SLC). For writing assistance, you may also use the WriteAway program. Learn more about WriteAway by clicking here.
Apply to tutor for the ISC
Interested in tutoring for ISC?
- Log into myInvolvement (my involvement.sfu.ca) as a student using your SFU computing ID
- On the left-hand menu, click on "Opportunities" and select "Getting Involved: Current Opportunities"
- In the search box, enter opportunity ID: 3690 for undergraduate applicants, or opportunity ID: 3689 for graduate applicants
- Click on "Apply for this Position" and create an application package with the required documents**
- After you have submitted your application through myInvolvement, please complete the WebSurvey listed on the posting
**If you experience any issues uploading your documents to myInvolvement, you may send your application to email@example.com with the subject line: "Tutor Application - (Your Name)"
Please note that we will only contact those who meet the position requirements and we have received both your application and the WebSurvey submission.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write Away now available for SFU Students
Write Away is a free service approved for students. Send a draft paper or writing assignment to the eWriting lab [more info]
SFU Grading System
The following three grading systems are used at SFU.