COVID-19 FAQ for International Students
- Study permits, visas, work eligibility and travel information and updates for newly admitted and current students
- Guard.me@SFU, BC MSP enrollment and coverage updates for newly admitted and current students
- Information on accessing other resources for international students including financial, food, social, cultural, and mental health support.
- Arriving in BC from outside of Canada? Please review the information and resources on self-isolation, 14 day quarantine requirements, and staying healthy and connected.
- COVID-19 awareness training for students to ensure safety and protection of the SFU community.
How can I contact an International Student Advisor?
International Student Advisors offer non-academic advising to students from international pathways. Our office space is currently closed due to COVID-19 safety measures; however, we are still available to support you remotely via LiveChat, phone, and email.
To learn about the advising options and how to contact us, please visit the Contact Us page.
How can I stay informed on the COVID-19 pandemic?
You can get answers to frequently asked questions and SFU’s response to COVID-19 on the SFU website. You can access the most up to date information concerning travel restrictions and immigration-related updates on the Government of Canada website:
There is so much information out there about COVID-19. How do I know which information I can trust?
We understand the volume of information available right now is overwhelming and it can be difficult to know which sources are credible. If you are seeking information about SFU’s response to COVID-19 and the latest SFU-related updates we recommend visiting the SFU website.
If you are seeking COVID-19 related information or resources on a provincial, national or international level, the below resources are recommended: