You will receive your enrollment appointment date and time — letting you know the first time you can enroll — in an email.
- Log in at goSFU with your computing ID and password.
- Either look at Account Inquiry in the main window (the "Student Center" or click on Self Service in the top drop-down menu and go to "Campus Finances" to check if your "Overall Balance" is -$250. That shows that the $250 has been paid, which will allow you to enroll.
- Check your Enrollment Appointment time, either in the Enrollment Dates box on the right side of the screen or under Enrollment.
- Check Class Search / Browse Catalog to see if you have prerequisites for the courses you are planning to enroll in and to check the time, day, and location of your chosen courses.
- Enroll in classes on or after your Enrollment Appointment date.
Add, swap and dropping classes
- You can continue to add or swap classes until the end of the first week.
- You may drop classes after enrolling in them, but you should be aware of the potential academic and/or financial penalties, depending on when you drop a course. See Deadlines.
- Note that students in Surrey cohorts (such as FASS One, Science Year One) are normally expected to be enrolled at a minimum in their cohort core courses for each term of the cohort program.
- See more information on enrolling in Surrey courses. Please see your cohort advisor if you have any concerns about your enrollment.
- After courses are added, swapped, or dropped, always check My Class Schedule to see if those courses were successfully added, swapped, or dropped.
There are several ways you can pay for your tuition and fees after you have enrolled in classes. The most convenient way to pay is through either online or telephone banking with your bank or credit union. Avoid lineups!
If you are expecting a refund related to a Scholarship, Award, Bursary or Overpayment, you must enroll in Direct Deposit to get your refund.
Direct Deposit refunds are processed weekly as compared to a refund by cheque printed monthly.
To get your refund:
- Enroll in Direct Deposit
- Download and fill out the refund request form
- Sign it and drop it off at a Registrar and Information Services counter at any of our campuses
- You may also fax, mail or scan the form:
- Fax to: 778.782.4263
- Mail to: Student Accounts, Student Services, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6,
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.