As a parent, you play a critical role in supporting your son's or daughter's success at SFU.
Even though they are now adults and expected to manage their academic careers themselves, students will benefit from family support and from knowing that there are lots of resources at SFU to help them adjust.
Tips for supporting your student
- Be aware of SFU resources and academic dates and deadlines
- Encourage your student to participate in orientation activities like SFU 101 and the Welcome Event
- Have a conversation about expectations and consider new household rules
- Celebrate successes and listen to concerns
- Offer support and encouragement from the sidelines
- Be open to Plan B (or C, or D . . .)
- Understand SFU's privacy policies