- COVID-19 Update
- Healthy at Home
- Memberships & Passes
- Shared content library
Update to SFU Athletics & Recreation Health & Safety Protocols
Below you can find a summary of upcoming protocol and procedural shifts and when they will come into effect.
Please continue to review the SFU Athletics & Recreation COVID-19 Updates page for any new information and updates regarding facility access, programs and our operations.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we gradually expand our services and operations over the summer months!
SFU Recreation Team
SUMMARY OF UPCOMING CHANGES
|Effective Monday, July 19, 2021:||Effective Tuesday, August 3, 2021:|
The general and pool change-rooms re-open, including access to showers. Cleaning procedures will follow current public health guidelines.
|Maximum capacity for the fitness centre removed.
Aquatics Centre maximum remains 18.(online reservations are still required for both the fitness centre & pool)
|Locker access is permitted for those with a current active locker agreement. New, fall-term locker sales will begin in late August.||
Two more fitness centre sessions will be added (Monday to Friday 8:00-9:00am and 6:30-7:30pm).
|Aquatics Centre maximum capacity increased to 18 (from 9).||Two more pool sessions will be added (Monday to Thursday, 8:00-8:45am and 9:00-9:45am).|
|Pool equipment lending remains limited to kick-boards. Personal equipment is permitted.||
|Fitness Centre maximum capacity increased to 50 (from 40).||
|Double bookings permitted at the fitness centre. Members must leave in-between sessions while cleaning takes place.||
|Spotting at the fitness centre is permitted.||
|Additional cardio machines and equipment will be available in the fitness centre.||
|Squash Court #4 is available for online reservations.||
ⓘ SFU Ahtletics & Recreation operations open in a limited capacity.
The Fitness and Aquatic Centre are open in a limited capacity for students, staff & faculty on campus. SFU Athletics and Recreation facilities remain closed to the public and external rentals. Lockers and change-rooms also remain closed.
As more information becomes available in regards to our operations, any updates will be posted here on our website.
Please see below for more details, and check back regularly for new information.
- The Aquatic Centre is phasing in access through online reservations for staff, faculty and current students on campus.
- For instructions on how to access the Aquatic Centre and what to expect during your reservation, please read the detailed information on the Fitness & Aquatic Centre Reservations webpage.
- The climbing wall remains closed as we phase in access to our facilities.
- Updates regarding the opening status of the climbing wall will be posted here once more information is available.
- The Fitness Centre is phasing in access through online reservations for staff, faculty and current students on campus.
- For instructions on how to access the Fitness Centre and what to expect during your reservation, please read the detailed information on the Fitness & Aquatic Centre Reservations webpage.
- Our gym lockers are available to members with an active locker agreement with SFU Athletics & Recreation. New fall locker sales will begin in late August.
- Book lockers in Burnaby and Surrey are accessible as campus buildings remain open with limited access. Please review the SFU COVID-19 FAQ page for building access hours.
- Please see our Return to Play FAQ for locker refund information.
Outdoor Track & Tennis Courts
- The outdoor track, sports fields, and tennis courts are primarily being used for scheduled athletics and recreation programming.
- When not in use by Athletics and Recreation, these facilities are available to the general campus community.
- Please adhere to all posted signage and practice physical distancing.
Squash & Racquetball Courts
- Squash Court #4 is now available to reserve through the SFU Recreation Web Portal. Racquetball courts remain closed.
- Updates regarding the opening status of these facilities will be posted here once more information is available.