- COVID-19 Update
- Healthy at Home
- Memberships & Passes
- Shared content library
Thank you in advance for your assistance with maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our members and staff. Please be reminded of the following important protocols:
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, even mild ones.
- Wear a mask. The University requires masks to be worn in all indoor common areas on SFU campuses. This includes indoor common areas of the Lorne Davies Complex and in the Fitness Centre.
- Practice physical distancing (2 metres) from others at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
Health and safety protocols, facility access details and FAQ's are outlined below. Please visit this page regularly for up-to-date information. SFU continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, with more information available at sfu.ca/covid19.
COVID-19 Health & Safety
For the safety of our community, health screening practices have been implemented in response to COVID-19.
Facility Access Reservations
Fitness and Aquatic Centres are now phasing in access to students, staff and faculty who are on campus!
Facility Status Updates
Select facilities are phasing in access, while the climbing wall, lockers and change rooms remain closed.
Program Status Updates
Our Healthy at Home virtual workouts, are now available to join!
Who is eligible to use the facilities?
- As we slowly re-open our facilities, access to the Fitness Centre and Aquatics Centre will be available for students, staff & faculty who are on campus. We will continue to assess our operations and phase in additional services and access in the coming weeks and months.
Will there be a fee to use the Athletics & Recreation facilities?
- We will not be charging any fees, at this time.
Was the Recreation & Athletics Fee assessed to students for this term?
- The Athletics & Recreation fee was not assessed for the Spring 2021 term.
- Signing the Athletics & Recreation liability waiver online will not result in any fee assessments to your account.
How do I register for a fitness or aquatic session online?
- Access to the fitness centre and pool will require reserving a time-slot online at least one hour before your desired start time. Drop-ins are unavailable at this time.
- Students, staff and faculty who would like to use our facilities must first obtain an SFU Lorne Davies Complex Membership and can then proceed to booking online reservations for the fitness centre and pool.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- The University requires masks to be worn in all indoor common areas on SFU campuses. Common areas include building entryways and atriums, hallways, stairwells, washrooms, study areas, coffee shops, dining halls, fitness facilities*, libraries, health centres, student services areas, and student residences.
- *Masks are required to be worn properly (covering the nose and mouth) while indoors at the Lorne Davies Complex & in the Fitness Centre, including while exercising. Masks are also required to be worn properly in the Aquatics Centre, except while swimming.
Will there be access to washrooms, water fountains, change-rooms, showers and lockers?
- Washrooms within the Lorne Davies Complex will be open for use.
- Please bring your own, pre-filled water bottle. Contactless refill stations will be available.
- Change-rooms and showers remain closed. Please come prepared for your work-out.
- Lockers remain unavailable.
Will I receive a refund for a locker that I purchased prior to SFU Recreation's closure? Can I renew my current locker?
- Locker services remain suspended for the Spring term.
- Lockers purchased for use in the spring, summer & fall 2020 will be refunded on a pro-rated basis. Locker holders have been emailed about the refund process.
- Contents will remain in lockers and will not be removed without prior notification to locker holders.
How can I access my SFU Gym/Pool locker to retrieve my items? Will my items be removed?
- If you would like to pick-up the items from your gym/pool locker, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for instructions. Our staff will let you know the best way to retrieve your contents.
- Items from lockers will not be removed (regardless of if you renewed or not) until our regular locker services resume. We will contact locker holders well in advance as to when the locker clear date will be.
Will I receive a refund for a membership/program I purchased prior to SFU Recreation's closure?
- Program refunds: Our office is currently processing pro-rated refunds for registered programs from the Spring 2020 Semester. If you are eligible for a refund, we will contact you directly for processing.
- Membership refunds: Our office is currently processing pro-rated refunds for memberships that were active before our closure date. If you are eligible for a refund, we will contact you directly for processing.
When will in-person programs resume?
- We are slowly phasing in our operations and will continue working towards offering more services in the coming weeks and months based on the guidelines and recommendations of local health officials and the University.
Can I book a fitness studio, dance studio or meeting space within the Lorne Davies Complex?
- SFU Athletics and Recreation has closed their facilities to all external rentals until further notice. Please visit our Facilities page for up to date information regarding rentals.
What additional cleaning procedures are in place at the Lorne Davies Complex?
- SFU’s contracted janitorial service provider has implemented a high touch point cleaning/disinfection initiative which involves the cleaning and disinfection of high touch point surfaces in public spaces, including elevator panel and buttons, washrooms, partitions, flush handles, door handles and push bars, garbage lids, and blue phones.
- Additional cleaning measures are also in place at the Fitness Centre and Aquatics Centre. To learn more about these procedures, visit the What to Expect During your Reservation page.
Fore more frequently asked questions, please see SFU COVID-19 FAQ's.