- COVID-19 Update
- Healthy at Home
- Memberships & Passes
- Shared content library
IMPORTANT CLOSURE UPDATE: December 1 - Power has been restored at the Lorne Davies Complex. All Fitness Centre & Aquatic Centre sessions will proceed as scheduled.
As per the Provincial Health Orders announced November 19th and effective until further notice, please be reminded of the following: Masks are now required to be worn in all indoor common areas on SFU campuses. This includes indoor common areas of the Lorne Davies Complex and in the Fitness Centre.
Non-medical masks are most effective when used in combinaton with other COVID-19 prevention measures:
- stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness
- wash or sanitize hands frequently
- avoid touching your face
- practice physical distancing (2 metres) from others at all times
- always wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible
Thank you for your ongoing assistance with maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our members and staff.
Health and safety protocols, facility access details and FAQ's are outlined below. Please visit this page regularly for up-to-date information. SFU continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, with more information available at sfu.ca/covid19.
COVID-19 Health & Safety
For the safety of our community, health screening practices have been implemented in response to COVID-19.
Facility Access Reservations
Fitness and Aquatic Centre are now phasing in access to students, staff and faculty who are on campus!
Facility Status Updates
Select facilities are phasing in aceess, while the climbing wall, lockers and change rooms remain closed.
Program Status Updates
Select SFU Recreation programs, including our Healthy at Home virtual workouts, are available to join in now.
Who is eligible to use the facilities?
- As we slowly re-open our facilities, we are excited to initially provide access to the Fitness Centre and Aquatics Centre for students, staff & faculty who are on campus. We will continue to assess our operations and phase in additional services and access in the coming weeks and months.
Will there be a fee to use the Athletics & Recreation facilities?
- At this time, there will not be a fee charged to use the fitness centre or swimming pool.
Was the Recreation & Athletics Fee assessed to students for the Fall 2020 semester?
- The Athletics & Recreation fee was not assessed for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Signing the Athletics & Recreation liability waiver online will not result in any fee assessments to your account.
How do I register for a fitness or aquatic session online?
- Access to the fitness centre and pool will require reserving a time-slot online at least one hour beforehand. Drop-ins are unavailable at this time.
- Students, staff and faculty who would like to use our facilities must obtain an SFU Facility Access Membership first and then can proceed to online reservations for the fitness centre and pool.
- A step by step guide for obtaining a membership and reserving times online can be found on the Fitness and Aquatic Centre Reservations webpage.
Will there be access to washrooms, water fountains, change-rooms, showers and lockers?
- Washrooms within the Lorne Davies Complex will be open for use.
- Water fountains will not be available. Please bring your own, pre-filled water bottle.
- Change-rooms, showers and lockers remain closed. Please come prepared for your work-out.
- Patrons are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled workout, and leave immediately after.
Will I receive a refund for a locker that I purchased prior to SFU Recreation's closure? Can I renew my current locker?
- Locker services remain suspended for the Fall term. Fall term locker holders will be contacted over the coming weeks regarding the refund process.
- Lockers purchased for the Spring and Summer terms will be refunded on a pro-rated basis. Locker holders have been emailed about the refund process.
- Spring and Summer term locker holders were provided with the option to renew for the Fall term. Contents will remain in lockers and will not be removed without prior notification to locker holders.
How can I access my SFU Gym/Pool locker to retrieve my items? Will my items be removed?
- If you would like to pick-up the items from your gym/pool locker, please email email@example.com and ask for instructions. Our staff will let you know the best way to retrieve your contents.
- Items from lockers will not be removed (regardless of if you renewed or not) until our regular locker services resume. We will contact locker holders well in advance as to when the locker clear date will be.
Will I receive a refund for a membership/program I purchased prior to SFU Recreation's closure?
- Program refunds: Our office is currently processing pro-rated refunds for registered programs from the Spring 2020 Semester. If you are eligible for a refund, we will contact you directly to process that.
- Membership refunds: Our office will begin processing membership refunds for memberships during our closure in the Spring over the coming weeks.
When will in-person programs resume?
- We are slowly phasing in our operations and will continue working towards offering more services in the coming weeks and months based on the guidelines and recommendations of local health officials and the University.
Can I book a fitness studio, dance studio or meeting space within the Lorne Davies Complex?
- SFU Athletics and Recreation has closed their facilities to all external rentals through January 31, 2021. A review will be made at that time and we will continue to adapt processes as necessary, with a focus on safety and adhering to public health guidelines.
What additional cleaning procedures are in place at the Lorne Davies Complex?
- SFU’s contracted janitorial service provider has implemented a high touch point cleaning/disinfection initiative which involves the cleaning and disinfection of high touch point surfaces in public spaces, including elevator panel and buttons, washrooms, partitions, flush handles, door handles and push bars, garbage lids, and blue phones.
Fore more frequently asked questions, please see SFU COVID-19 FAQ's.