- COVID-19 Update
- Healthy at Home
- Memberships & Passes
- Shared content library
CODES OF CONDUCT
SFU Recreation Code of Conduct
The SFU Recreation Code of Conduct is intended to set the standards of conduct for all SFU Athletics and Recreation staff, University faculty, staff, and students, and community participants. These general rules apply to all facilities, services and programs associated with the Department of Athletics and Recreation. It is the responsibility of all parties to familiarize themselves with, and understand their obligations, contained within the code of conduct.
Membership and participation with SFU Recreation is a privilege. All members and participants are expected to:
- Treat all staff, facilities and equipment with respect. Bullying, threatening and harassing behavior will not be tolerated.
- Promote an inclusive environment in which differences are valued.
- Act with courtesy and integrity while respecting the rights, welfare and dignity of other members and participants.
- Conduct themselves in a safe and responsible manner and avoid causing harm to themselves or others.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures set by the department and the university while using our facilities, services and programs.
- Participation while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or while in possession of weapons, drugs, and other illegal or banned items will not be tolerated.
Members violating university policies, the Recreation Code of Conduct or Centre Code of Conduct may have their SFU Burnaby Recreation Membership or day pass privileges revoked.
Simon Fraser University, like all organizations, is required under Public Health Orders to ensure compliance with COVID-19 safety measures. All members of the SFU community are expected to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols. SFU Athletics and Recreation takes COVID-19 seriously and has zero-tolerance for violating health and safety rules. If individuals choose not to comply with safety protocols, they may be refused access to areas of our campus and/or additional disciplinary action may be taken.