- COVID-19 Update
- Healthy at Home
- Memberships & Passes
- Shared content library
Fitness code of conduct
SFU Recreation is a unique community of students, staff, faculty, and the public connected by active living and leadership development. Our Codes of Conduct are in place to create an environment that is safe, friendly, and inclusive for everyone.
Membership with SFU Recreation is a privilege. All members are expected to:
- Enter only through the main doors to the Fitness Centre.
- Bring proof of membership (SFU ID or equivalent membership card) every time, and scan in. Do not leave your card in your locker or office.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Clean clothing.
- Shirts that cover the full torso (no crop tops or shirts that have large cut outs along the side).
- No denim or jeggings.
- No open toed footwear or cleats.
- Minimize the use of colognes, perfumes, and body sprays.
- Respect your fellow members and Fitness Centre staff.
- Be courteous and share equipment where possible.
- Sign up to use cardio equipment (maximum 30 minutes per machine. Your reservation is void if you are more than 5 minutes late).
- Keep walkways clear of belongings and equipment.
- Use equipment safely and properly. Do not use equipment for purposes other than what they were designed for.
- Do not drop or bang weights together. It damages our weights and floors.
- Keep weights off of upholstery.
- Use of the internet on cardio machines with this functionality is done so as per SFU Policy GP-24 – Fair use of Information and Communications Technology.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Put away all equipment to its appropriate location.
- Clean chalk off of the bars and floors if you are using this product.
- Wipe down benches and cardio equipment after use.
- No food or gum in the facility.
- No external or private personal training permitted.
- Adult supervision (19 years +) is required for members aged 15 & 16 years old.
- Members 14 years and under are not permitted to participate in the Fitness Centre.
Report any injuries, equipment malfunction, or concerns to the Fitness Centre staff.
Members violating University Policies or the Fitness Centre Code of Conduct may have their Recreation Membership or Day Pass privileges revoked.