- Climbing Wall
- Shared content library
SFU Recreation, in partnership with the City of Surrey, provides recreational opportunities to eligible SFU Surrey students, staff and faculty to promote a healthy and balanced lifestyle at the SFU Surrey campus.
Surrey Parks & Recreation Membership allows access to City of Surrey operated fitness centres, pools, weight rooms, swim sessions and non–registered aquatic/fitness programs.
In January 2020, the City of Surrey’s brand new, state of the art North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex (NSSIC) will be fully open! This complex replaces the recently decommissioned North Surrey Recreation Centre. The new complex is conveniently located across from the Scott Road SkyTrain Station at 10950-126A Street.
See all City of Surrey facilities
- Chuck Bailey Rec Centre - Drop-in Sports - 13458 – 107A Avenue Surrey, BC
- Cloverdale Recreation Centre – Weight Room, Drop in Fitness & Gym - 6188 - 176th Street, Surrey, B.C.
- Cloverdale Arena - Public Skating Sessions - 6090 – 176 Street, Surrey, BC
- Fleetwood Community Centre - Weight Room & Drop-in Fitness Programs - 15996 – 84 Avenue, Surrey, BC
- Fraser Heights Rec Centre - Weight Room - 10588 – 160 Street
- Guildford Rec Centre - Weight Room & Drop-in Fitness Programs - 15105 – 105 Avenue
- North Surrey Rec Centre - Indoor Pool, Weight Room, Drop-in Aquatic Fitness Programs & Public Skating Sessions - 10275 – 135 Street
- Newton Wave Pool - Wave Pool, Weight Room, Drop in Aquatic & Dry Land Fitness - 13730 – 72 Avenue, Surrey, B.C.
- Newton Community Recreation Office/Arena - Drop in Fitness & Public Skating - 7120 – 136B Street, Surrey, B.C.
- South Surrey Indoor Pool - Indoor Pool, Weight Room, Drop in Aquatic & Dry Land Fitness - 14655 – 17 Avenue, Surrey, B.C.
- South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre – Weight Room, Drop in Fitness & Gym - 14601 - 20 Avenue Surrey, B.C.
- South Surrey Arena - Public Skating Sessions - 2199 – 148 Street, Surrey, B.C.
- Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex (Pool & Arena) - Indoor Pool, Weight Room, Drop in Aquatic & Dry Land Fitness& Public Skating Sessions - #110 – 16555 Fraser Highway, Surrey, B.C.
Staff and faculty
To be eligible for a Surrey Parks & Recreation membership, you need to be:
- A full-time, continuing staff or faculty member based at the Surrey campus
How to get your membership
- Log into the SFU Recreation web portal at athleticsandrecreation.its.sfu.ca
- Click the membership icon to view your eligible membership options
- Select the appropriate Surrey rec membership type and complete the registration process
- A receipt verifying the transaction will be emailed to you
- NEW! Present your receipt and SFU ID Card to the staff at the North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex (10950-126A Street) across from the Scott Road SkyTrain station
- You will receive a Surrey Parks & Recreation ID Card to use at recreation centres throughout the municipality
- Each term log into the SFU Recreation web portal at athleticsandrecreation.its.sfu.ca to renew your membership and visit the North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex to re-activate your Surrey Parks & Recreation ID Card