Beedie School of Business Undergraduate Community
Please note that the Fall 2017 Residence and Housing application for for the Living-Learning Communities is now closed as we are tentatively full.
Be More. Be Beedie. Students who are studying in the Beedie Undergraduate Business (BBA) program can apply to live in this academically focused community. You will explore co-curricular experiential learning activities and events with your peers and have the opportunity to connect with other students, staff and faculty outside of the classroom. This unique community will help you build connections with the Beedie School of Business and within Residence.
What does it mean to Be More? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovkfYEKm_6o&feature=youtu.be
- Eligibility: All full-time undergraduate students attending SFU and in their 1st or 2nd year in the Beedie Undergraduate Program.
- Additional Cost: No additional cost.
- Program Length: September 2017 – April 2018
- Build community with students, staff and faculty in the Beedie School of Business and in Residence
- Connect to Career Management and Academic Advising programs right where you live
- Develop your leadership skills and get involved in clubs, competitions and conferences
- Discover and explore your passions with like-minded people living in your community
How You Benefit
Students who live in a living-learning community have a unique opportunity to live and learn with like-minded students and have access to programs specifically designed for their community. Students who live in LLCs also:
- Feel they made a smoother transition to university, academically and socially
- Have higher levels of academic self-confidence
- Are more likely to successfully engage in other projects like honours theses, study abroad opportunities, and research or capstone projects
- Are more likely to become student leaders and mentors
(National Study of Living-Learning Programs, 2007)