Engaged Global Citizenship Community
Please note that the Fall 2017 Residence and Housing application for for the Living-Learning Communities is now closed as we are tentatively full.
Be part of a diverse global community. Learn more about yourself and others. The Engaged Global Citizenship Community brings together students who are excited to build authentic relationships across cultures where they will be given the opportunity to broaden their perspectives and networks and engage in issues facing our world.
International and Canadian students will participate together in a global citizenship program designed in partnership with SFU’s International Services for Students (ISS) department and Fraser International College (FIC).
- Eligibility: All full-time undergraduate students attending SFU and students attending Fraser International College.
- Additional Cost: No additional cost.
- Program Length: September 2017 – April 2018
- Build your international experience here at SFU - "More than 80% of employers consider grads with cross-cultural and global competencies as assets to their company" (Universityworks.ca)
- Participate in custom programming focused on diversity, intercultural competency, and communication
- Work with your peers to help build a more inclusive campus community
- Receive credit on your co-curricular record
How You Benefit
Students who live in a living-learning community have a unique opportunity to live and learn with like-minded students and have access to programs specifically designed for their community. Students who live in LLCs also:
- Feel they made a smoother transition to university, academically and socially
- Have higher levels of academic self-confidence
- Are more likely to successfully engage in other projects like honours theses, study abroad opportunities, and research or capstone projects
- Are more likely to become student leaders and mentors
(National Study of Living-Learning Programs, 2007)