Working and volunteering in Residence can turn out to be one of the best experiences you'll ever have! Not only will you have a lot of fun, but you will also gain many valuable skills to add to your resume.
Typically, recruitment for student employment and volunteer opportunities starts in January of each year. However, from time to time, we do look for student leaders throughout the year.
About Guest Accomodations
At SFU Conference & Guest Accommodations and the Simon Hotel we are in the business of relationship building. We work hard to build relationships with the community, our clients and our guests. We are committed to providing comfortable, convenient and affordable accommodation alongside SFU’s world class fitness facilities, modern academic meeting space and award winning dining facilities.
Being an Orientation leader means that you're the first impression/experience that a student has when coming to SFU. It's about introducing SFU’s unique culture and physical environment to all new entering Simon Fraser University students. It's about providing new students with the confidence, knowledge and motivation to access campus resources and services. It's about fostering community and new friendships among entering students, current students, faculty, and staff.
It's about having fun!
- We believe your success comes from helping each other learn, grow, and develop
- We provide a fun and comfortable environment with lots of room to gain valuable experiences
- We challenge each other every day to excel in our roles
- We believe in supporting the communities in which we serve and encourage everyone to get involved
- We believe in teamwork and are committed to your success