Winter Break 2017-18: December 18, 2017 - January 1, 2018
The SFU Residence and Housing Office will be closed starting
Friday, December 22 at 4:30PM - Monday, January 1st, 2018 at 11:00AM PST
Click on the Survey Link and let us know if you are staying over the Winter Break - http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/297861673
Simon Fraser University will be closed from December 22, 2017 - January 2, 2018
This means that the Burnaby Mountain campus will have no services and/or offices open. SFU Residence will have a limited number of Residence Life staff available on an 'on-call' basis during this time to help deal with emergency situations.
SFU Residents with a contract for the Fall and Spring Academic terms may stay in SFU Residence during the Winter Break if you meet the following conditions:
- You have indicated in the Winter Break Questionnaire that you wish to stay at SFU Residence between Dec. 18th to Jan. 1st.
- You have made your Spring 2017 Confirmation payment of $700.
- You have no outstanding Residence fees on your student account and are registered for courses for the Spring term.
Staying in residences on any day over the winter break (December 18th -January 1st)? You will need to fill out the following web survey by 12PM/Noon on Wednesday, December 6th.
CLICK ON THE LINK FOR THE SURVEY: http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/297861673
WINTER BRAK - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE MAINTENANCE ISSUES?
When SFU and SFU Residence and Housing is closed, December 22 - January 1, urgent maintenance concerns should be directed to Campus Security: 778-782-3100 or the CA on-call. Non-urgent maintenance concerns will be addressed when SFU re-opens in January.
- Urgent Maintenance Concerns = no heat, flood, etc…
- Non-Urgent Maintenance Concerns = broken fridge handle, burnt out light bulb, etc…
WHAT DO I DO IF I’M LOCKED OUT OR LOSE MY KEYS?
When SFU is closed, please call the CA on-call or Campus Security at 778-782-3100. Please Note: you will NOT be let into your friend’s/boyfriend’s/girlfriend’s room. You will need to be able to provide photo I.D. to get into your room.
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A MEDICAL ISSUE, BUT IT IS NOT AN EMERGENCY?
When the university is closed, you can try a walk-in clinic off-campus. You can ‘Google’ for ‘medical clinics Burnaby’ and you should find a couple that are located close to SFU and are accessible by transit. If you need extra support or have questions, you should contact the CA on-call.
- Example: There are clinics located in Kensington Plaza on Hastings Street (near the Safeway) and Lougheed Mall; the clinic is outside near IHOP.
** IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL SFU Campus Security at 778-782-4500!
MAIL… WILL I BE GETTING IT OVER THE BREAK?
During the closure of SFU, no mail will be delivered to campus. This includes all letters, parcels, and items shipped by services like UPS, DHL, Xpress Post, Purolator, Canada Post, etc. Regular mail service will resume on January 3.
If you must get mail over the break, you will have to ask about renting a post office box off-campus (try the UPS store or Shopper’s Drug Mart in Kensington Plaza). If you do this, you will have to ensure that people sending you items know the post office box address.
WHAT ARE THE ON-CAMPUS FOOD SERVICES HOURS AFTER THE WINTER BREAK?
Residence Dining Hall Hours:
- December 18th - Move Out Day (closes at 2:00 pm)
- December 19th - Dec 31st Brunch: 10:00 am - 2:PM, Dinner: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- January 1st - 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
- January 2nd - TBD
- January 3rd - TBD