SFU Students abroad

I am currently abroad on an exchange, co-op placement or other university-related activities. What should I do?

As of March 14, the government of Canada is advising that all Canadian travelers return to Canada via commercial means while they remain available. travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories All students currently abroad on exchanges and coop placements have been advised to leave their host locations immediately as soon as it is feasible and safe to do so, and are being provided with support. Please refer to your email from International Services for Students or International Co-op for further instructions and answers to your questions.

If there are current restrictions or border closures in your host location that are impacting your ability to travel, contact the following for advice:

  • Canadian citizens: travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-assistance (or if you hold a different citizenship, you are advised to contact your consular representatives)
  • International SOS: Call collect +1 215 942 8478   Member code # 27acas593560
  • If you have not already done so, students, faculty and staff are reminded to register all international trips in the SFU Travel registry so you can be contacted and supported in the event of an emergency.