UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT ELIGIBILITY
There are no changes to the U-Pass BC Program for undergraduate students. SFSS surveyed their membership and the majority were in favour of reinstating the U-Pass BC Program for the term. The eligibility criteria below apply to all undergraduate students. If you have any questions about the current U-Pass BC Program, please directly contact your student representative (VP of Finance) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All undergraduate students, who are part-time or full-time, are eligible for the U-Pass BC program when they meet one criteria from each of the following sections:
- Enrolled in 3 or more units OR tuition fee is over $680
- Enrolled in at least one course located on-campus (including courses being held remotely) or within Metro Vancouver
- Assessed the undergraduate student activity fee
Undergraduate students are not eligible for the U-Pass BC program if they meet one of the following criteria AND do not meet all of the eligible criteria listed above:
- All enrolled courses identified as off-campus and outside Metro Vancouver
- Mailing address including postal code in goSFU is outside Metro Vancouver AND enrolled in course offered only by distance education*
- Enrolled in less than 3 units
- Tuition fee charged is less than $680
- Outgoing Foreign Exchange student
- Outgoing Dual Degree Student
- Withdrawn from all courses
*Important note: If you are living outside Metro Vancouver and enrolled in courses held outside Metro Vancouver or taking distance education courses, your mailing address must remain outside Metro Vancouver until the first day of the month following the current term to avoid being charged the full U-Pass BC term fee. For example, for the 2021 Fall term, you will need to maintain your outside Metro Vancouver mailing address until January 1, 2022.
Please note that maintaining your outside Metro Vancouver mailing address will not affect U-Pass BC eligibility for the following term for students enrolled in courses being held on-campus or within Metro Vancouver.