- Campus services
- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Email Archive
- News and events
- Contact us
Mail Room Services
Mail room services for the Surrey campus includes 1) sorting incoming mail, 2) pick up and delivery of mail for all departments, 3) shipping and receiving, and 4) supplying paper for common use photocopiers.
There are mail stations located on Galleria 3, 4, and 5, Podium 2 and 3, and the Mezzanine. Faculty and staff members have designated mail slots in these locations. Please see your department manager about setting up a mail slot in your area. For Faculty and staff members who do not have a designated mail slot, items received will be delivered to the departmental office assistant for distribution.
Faculty and staff members who do not have a place to drop off outgoing mail, which includes Inter-Campus and Canada Post, may use the box located on Level 3 between the Podium and Galleria in front of the escalators. The top left corner box of the Assignment Boxes is designated as Faculty/Staff Outgoing Mail. For items that do not fit in the slot, please bring these items to the Mail Room.
Items that are too large to fit in a mail slot will be delivered to the recipient personally or held by the Mail Room. The recipient will then be contacted via phone or e-mail for pick up.
The SFU Surrey Mail Room handles university-business related mail only. Personal mail and packages are not to be sent to the workplace. The university does not assume responsibility or liability for personal items sent or received by the Mail Room.
The mail room is located in Room 1425 next to the Central City Tower loading dock.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
Inter-Campus mail service is handled by a local courier for the Surrey, Burnaby and Vancouver campuses. Faculty and staff members can drop off outgoing mail in the designated slot at the mail station. Transit may take up to a couple of days to reach the intended recipient for the Burnaby and Vancouver campuses.
For items too large to fit in the designated Inter-Campus mail slot, Faculty and staff members will need to contact the Mail Room to arrange for a pick up. The item can also be dropped off in the Mail Room.
Canada Post mail is received and sorted daily. Faculty and staff members can drop off outgoing envelopes in the designated Canada Post mail slot at any campus mail station. The envelopes will be collected and processed for mailing. Postage is covered by the campus budget on a limited basis. Please seal all envelopes before pick up.
Canada Post Oversize/Bulk Mail Out
Please use the following guidelines when sending out oversize or bulk mail via Canada Post:
- Oversize/Bulk mail require a "Canada Post Oversize/Bulk Mail Form" to accompany items.
- More than 4 pieces of letter or flat mail from the same department will be considered bulk as well as any number of packages or parcels weighing over 200 grams/piece.
- If bulk mailouts do not fit in the designated Canada Post campus mail slot, please contact the Mail Room at 778-782-8021 for pick up.
SFU Surrey uses BC Mail to handle Canada Post postage and delivery. There is a handling and processing fee for all Canada Post mailouts that will be charged to departments that use this service. There is a Canada Post outlet located in the Central City mall for personal use.
For Canada Post rates please refer to the Canada Post website below.
The Mail Room can assist Faculty and staff members with logistics when using a courier. The SFU Surrey departmental account code is required for billing when shipping.
Please note that couriers cannot deliver to PO Box addresses. Keys to PO Boxes are managed by the country's postal service which are not shared with couriers.
SFU Surrey uses a local courier to deliver items within the Lower Mainland. If you wish to ship an item, please bring it to the Mail Room along with an account code. The Mail Room will then contact a local courier for pick up.
Domestic & International Shipping
SFU Surrey uses Purolator to ship items domestically and internationally.
If you wish to ship an item, please bring it to the Mail Room along with an account code before the cut-off times. The Mail Room will arrange for a pick up after filling out the necessary waybill and customs forms.
The local cut-off times for pick ups are as follows:
- For US & International: 1:30 pm PST
- For Canada: 3:00 pm PST
Pick up and Delivery
Pick up and deliveries occur once a day from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm.
Please have Inter-Campus and Canada Post mail ready before 9:30 am for pick up the same day.
Mail Room Services makes every effort to ensure mail and packages are delivered in a timely manner. However, due to volume and specific time allotted for one mail run, not all shipments received can be delivered right away. If you are expecting urgent mail or package(s), please contact the Mail Room at 778-782-8021 for pick up.
Large items are delivered personally to faculty and staff members. If a faculty or staff member is not present, the item will be left in their office provided it is a locked space. If they do not have an office, the item will be remain in the Mail Room and the individual will be contacted for pick up.