- Campus services
- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
- Email Archive
- News and events
- Contact us
Learn more about shipping services at SFU Surrey.
Inter-Campus mail service is handled by a local courier for the Surrey, Burnaby and Vancouver campuses. Faculty and Staff members can drop off outgoing mail in the designated slot at the mail station. Transit may take up to a couple of days to reach the intended recipient for the Burnaby and Vancouver campuses. Inter-Campus envelopes are not supplied by the Mail Room. Please contact your department for envelopes.
For items too large to fit in the designated Inter-Campus mail slot, Faculty and Staff members will need to contact the Mail Room to arrange for a pick up. The item can also be dropped off in the Mail Room.
Canada Post mail is received and sorted daily. Faculty and Staff members can drop off outgoing envelopes in the designated Canada Post mail slot at any campus mail station. The envelopes will be collected and processed for mailing. Postage is covered by the campus budget on a limited basis (See Canada Post Oversize/Bulk Mail section below). Please seal all envelopes before pick up.
The mail service is to be used for official SFU Surrey university-business use only. There is a Canada Post outlet located in the Central City mall for personal use.Canada Post mail is received and sorted daily. Faculty and Staff members can drop off outgoing envelopes in the designated Canada Post mail slot at any campus mail station. The envelopes will be collected and processed for mailing. Postage is covered by the campus budget on a limited basis (See Canada Post Oversize/Bulk Mail section below). Please seal all envelopes before pick up.
The mail service is to be used for official SFU Surrey university-business use only. There is a Canada Post outlet located in the Central City mall for personal use.
Canada Post Oversize/Bulk Mail Out
Please use the following guidelines when sending out oversize or bulk mail via Canada Post.
- Oversize/Bulk mail require a "Canada Post Oversize/Bulk Mail Form" to accompany items.
- More than 4 pieces of letter or flat mail from the same department will be considered bulk as well as any number of packages or parcels weighing over 200 grams/piece.
- If bulk mailouts do not fit in the designated Canada Post campus mail slot, please contact the Mail Room @ (778) 782-8021 for pick up.
The Mail Room can assist Faculty and Staff members with logistics when using a courier. The SFU Surrey departmental account code is required for billing when shipping.
Please note that couriers cannot deliver to PO Box addresses. Keys to PO Boxes are managed by the country's postal service which are not shared with couriers.
Domestic & International Shipping
SFU Surrey uses Purolator to ship items domestically and internationally.
If you wish to ship an item, please bring it to the Mail Room along with an account code before the cut-off times. The Mail Room will arrange for a pick up after filling out the necessary waybill and customs forms.
The local cut-off times for pick ups are as follows:
- For US & International: 1:30 pm PST
- For Canada: 3:00 pm PST
SFU Surrey uses a local courier to deliver items within the Lower Mainland.
If you wish to ship an item, please bring it to the Mail Room along with an account code. The Mail Room will then contact a local courier for pick up.
In regards to shipping items with a declared value of more than $100, items are to be brought down to the Mail Room with the exact cost and description of content.
All couriers have free liability coverage up to $100 CDN. An extra charge is applied if the declared value for carriage is more than $100 for insurance.
- Our local courier handles up to $1000 CDN in liability coverage.
- Purolator handles up to $5000 CDN in liability coverage.
Limitation of Liability
In accordance with transportation legislation, the courier's liability for loss or damaged shipments is limited to $2.00 per pound or $4.41 per kilogram UNLESS A HIGHER VALUE has been declared by the shipper on the Waybill / Bill of Lading at the time of shipment. It is imperative the actual value of the goods be identified in the event a claim has to be filed with the courier company.