- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
- Jan. 11, 2021: SFU has provided a number of safety tips for all members of the SFU community to abide by. This includes wearing a non-medical masks (over the nose and mouth) in all indoor common areas on SFU campuses. Read more.
- Jan. 8, 2021: Building closures remain in effect between 10:30 PM and 7:30 AM, with some groups granted after-hours access. Parking information for Spring 2021 updated.
NOTE: For all latest COVID-19 updates that pertain to the whole SFU community, please refer to the following links:
Campus buildings and spaces
Selt-assessment: As of November 12, 2020, all faculty, staff and students are required to conduct a daily Active Health Screening before visiting campus by using the BC Government's COVID-19 self-assessment tool. If you answer "yes" to any question, including having just one symptom, do not travel to campus and instead seek medical advice by calling 8-1-1.
Access: While access to SRYC and SRYE remains open to SFU staff, faculty, and students who produce SFU ID, effectively immediately both buildings will be closed between 10:30 PM and 7:30 AM.
- SRYC access: Please have SFU ID ready and proceed to the security desk at the entrance of the WestStone Group Grand Hall (Mezzanine)
- SRYE access: Please have SFU ID ready to gain access to the building
Essential work and research: The only group granted afterhours access to SFU Surrey are those engaged in essential work and essential research (grad students, faculty, etc.). Upon arrival, please sign in at the security desk with your SFU ID.
Immediate/urgent access requests: Please contact Campus Public Safety at 778-782-7991. For non-urgent access requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Access Request".
ID Cards: If you are a new student, staff or faculty member who needs an ID please request one via the online webform.
It is expected that SFU community members and visitors wear non-medical masks in all indoor public areas. This includes building entryways and atriums, hallways, stairwells, washrooms and study areas.
Signage has been placed on campus to direct the flow of traffic and ensure physical distancing measures are followed. Campus visitors are asked to adhere to these protocols.
At this time, team rooms at both SRYC and SRYE will be closed until further notice, 24/7.
COVID19_Safety Ambassador Teams (CATs)
Members of the COVID19_Safety Ambassador Team (CATs) will be onsite at SFU Surrey to ensure that proper physical distancing protocols are followed. They are also there to answer any questions related to space, access, and resources.
Additional janitorial protocols are in place. Specific cleaning and disinfecting protocols can be found here.
SFU Surrey Registrar & Information Services: In-person services at SFU Surrey are currently discontinued. However, there are a number of ways to receive remote support, including LiveHelp, email, and by phone (778-782-6930).
All other Student Services: Departments are available online for you to connect with virtually via their unit website. You can access the full list on the Student Services page.
SFU Library is extending the contactless pickup service to Fraser Library at SFU Surrey! SFU students, faculty, staff, alumni, and external borrowers can place holds on books in any library branch and select their preferred location for later pickup.
Fraser Library pick-up days and times
- Mondays and Fridays, 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
- Wednesdays, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- SFU staff, faculty, and students: Pick up your books at the front door of the Fraser Library
- Alumni and external borrowers can pick up their items at the entrance to SFU Surrey (main campus), as arranged. Check your email notification for details.
While Library buildings are closed, the Library continues to deliver a wide range of remote services. For full information and to access resources for remote research, teaching, and learning, as well as service updates visit the SFU Library website.
Effective immediately, parking for staff, faculty, and students during the Spring 2021 term will return to the complimentary parking procedures instituted for the Fall 2020 term, whereby faculty and staff could access complimentary parking underneath the SE3P building at Surrey Campus.
If you had already made arrangements for this parking – nothing needs to be done. If you have yet to make these arrangements and require this parking, please fill out our customer information form and email it to email@example.com to be included in our complimentary parking list.
Please note: If you’re driving to campus without re-activating your parking permit and choose to park in the mall lots, you will need to follow their parking regulations.
For more information, visit the Parking & Sustainable Mobility page.
Effective November 9, no in-person meetings, events or programs, except some essential academic meetings with approval, can proceed in-person during this time. SFU Meeting, Events and Conference Services will be following up with bookings scheduled during this time.
Virtual events: MECS has a variety of solutions for you including online conferences and webinars.
Transform your in-person events into a full virtual experience! We offer full service from start to finish to make sure your event is a success. Services include guest registration, attendee engagement, breakout sessions and more! Learn more about hosting virtual events here.
For more information, visit the MECS page.
Previous updates to this page
- November 18, 2020: Both SRYC and SRYE will be closed between 10:30 PM and 7:30 AM, with some groups granted afterhours access. Team roomswill be closed 24/7 until further notice, and will not be able to be booked.
- November 16, 2020: Updated language from SFU's COVID-19 FAQ page around self-assessment (see 'Building Access')
- November 9, 2020: Following the November 7 public health orders for Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health regions, SFU is going back to H1 (from H2) on the COVID-19 impact scale. Please continue to read below for more changes and updates, including a self-assessment tool under the 'Building Access' section, update to study rooms and common areas, and an update on in-person events under 'Meeting, Events and Conference Services'.
- November 5, 2020: The 'Room Occupancy and Common Areas' section has been updated to include a document that contains all the open study and common areas for students to access.
- October 29, 2020: Fraser Library section has been updated to include the pick-up days and times for contactless pickup service.
- October 27, 2020: SFU has created the the COVID-19 Go-Forward Plan, which is now available on the Safety and Risk Services website. It is linked below and will be updated regularly. This plan brings together all the numerous guidelines, plans and protocols SFU has developed since March to guide us through the pandemic, and provide tools and resources to keep our community safe.