We promote SFU’s sustainability-related programs, initiatives, research, events, people/leadership, and opportunities within and beyond the University. To submit a story or event request, please review the guidlines and complete the form below*:
*Completion does not guarantee publication.
Story Submission Guidelines
- If possible, please submit requests at two weeks prior to your preferred publication date, in order to be scheduled into our editorial calendar.
- We accept op-ed blogs, or curate stories for which you may request an interview and photography. For stories of interest to the entire SFU community please submit to SFU News, and send us the published link for amplification through our social channels.
- We publish to our website, as well as work with SFU News to deliver institutional information to the entire SFU community, and provide assistance in submitting article queries to industry publications for external audiences.
- All stories are amplified through our social media and, if applicable, shared with SFU department communicators for amplification through their channels.
Event Submission Guidelines
- If possible, please submit event requests by the 15th of the month to be included in our newsletter and social media calendar.
- Events must relate to ecological, social or economic sustainability either at SFU, or involving SFU departments, programs or individuals.
- To receive further promotion, support and tools, certify your event as a Sustainable Space by completing our online checklist.