Rethinking Course Design Workshop
Are you developing a new course? Would you like to revise one of your current courses? This four-day workshop is designed to support you in the development of your course. By the end of the workshop, you will have a draft course outline and a plan for implementing new teaching strategies that you want to explore.
During this workshop, you will:
- Explore an approach to course design consistent with your subject-matter understanding
- Work in small multi-disciplinary groups and benefit from peer feedback and self-evaluation
- Experience and examine various teaching strategies including those enabled by technology
There is no charge for this workshop for SFU faculty members, but space is limited to 24 participants. Advance registration is required. Although full-time faculty members will receive priority, part-time, limited-term and sessional faculty are eligible to participate.
If you would like further information about the workshop, please contact the co-leads:
- Nicky Didicher, Department of English (email@example.com)
- Vivian Neal, Teaching and Learning Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions about or require assistance with registration, please contact email@example.com.
For a description of the event by a past participant, check out this blog post with a day-by-day account by Nienke van Houten of Health Sciences.