Resources for developing voice and presentation skills
Presentation skills resources
Vocal exercises (audio)
Each segment in these audio companions builds on the previous ones, so we encourage you to first listen to them in order. Later on, you can practice specific exercises by picking out the appropriate episode and working within it.
The Speaker Within audio companion
This audio companion consists of a series of vocal exercises based on our introductory workshop, The Speaker Within. This workshop is designed to create more strength, variety, and connection in your speaking voice.
The Speaking to be Heard audio companion
The sessions in this audio companion build on our intermediate workshop on vocal delivery.
By SFU faculty
- Teaching Large Math Classes: Three instructors, one experience by Veselin Jungic, Petra Menz (Department of Mathematics), and Deborah Kent (Visiting Scholar from Hillsdale Collage
- An Online system for Assignment Marking by Greg Baker (School of Computing Science)
- Exemplary Teaching: Several short instructor videos on various aspects (University of Oregon)
- Welcoming students on the first day (Iowa State University)
- It's Time to Transform Undergraduate Education (University Affairs)
- Large Classes: Teaching Tips (Western Washington University: Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment)
- Lectures and Large Classes (Michigan State University: Office of Faculty and Organizational Development)
- Teaching for Quality Learning at University: What the Student Does (John Biggs and Catherine Tang)
- Beating the Numbers Game: Effective Teaching in Large Classes (Richard Felder, North Carolina State University)