give. volunteer. act.
Ways to Donate
Select one of the following options during fall 2020:
Payroll donations are automatically itemized on your T4 slip for easy calculation as a tax deduction on your income tax, and can be made once, or for up to 26 pay periods.
Donations by credit card may be made one-time, postdated or monthly (automatic tax receipt issued).
All continuing and temporary employees will receive personalized emails at the end of September.
- Look for an embedded link that will connect you to an online account, set up by United Way Lower Mainland and Simon Fraser University just for you.
- Click the link and a new page will open.
- Follow prompt to copy and paste the User ID and temporary password from the email to the space provided.
- Follow the prompt to create a new password.
- Once in the account, select the payment option that best suits you (e.g., by credit card, payroll deduction, etc.).
Problems? If you've already set up your password and want to make your pledge now but aren't sure how, check out the steps by clicking here.
If you don't receive the email with instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new link.
Continuous Payroll Giving
Deadline to sign up: December 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST
Donations are deducted from each pay period beginning January 1, 2021, unless otherwise indicated. If you retire or leave the University, continuous payroll deductions will cease automatically.
To choose continuous payroll giving option:
- Continuing Staff: Follow the instructions in the United Way email sent to you.
- Non Continuing Staff: Please download the SFU United Way Pledge Form and submit it to Payroll before December 1, 2020.